Friday, April 16, 2010

haiku, and why i love them

lately, my friends and i have been writing haiku. why, you ask? why not!

while our topics are many and various, they are all dedicated to taiwan and the adventures we are having. mostly, they are dedicated to fan van. i love haiku number one because (and yes this is nerdy and english major-y) but i like the way the syllables fit together when you say them out loud; also, they are funny to write. and let's just be honest: who doesn't love a good old fashioned haiku? really.

here is my first attempt at a chinese haiku:
中文,為什麼?
我愛你 van fan,可是
中文很很難

this post is random,
sorry! you should write haiku
because they are fun :)

1 comment:

  1. Today I taught my 9th graders to write haikus. And I told them when I got bored in class in college, I used to write them. They called me a nerd.

    ReplyDelete